Fire Severely Damages Home in Ainsworth

Ainworth Volunteer Firemen were called to a house fire at 1111 E. Plainsman Drive in Ainsworth on Friday, October 21st around 11:11 a.m. The home is owned by Brandon and Mandy Evans. Bassett Volunteer Fire Department was called in to provide mutual aid to the Ainsworth Volunteer Fire Department. Ainsworth Fire Chief Brad Fiala stated that smoke was coming out of the house on their arrival. The fire was in the southwest corner of the basement below the kitchen area. There was no way to access that room from the outside. It took a while to get the water to the fire. The firemen attempted to go into the house, but due to the heat, they were forced to come back out. They tried battling the fire from the main floor and used a northwest basement window to pump the water to the fire. Eventually, the kitchen and dining room floors collapsed.
 

Ainsworth Star-Journal

921 E. 4th St.
P.O. Box 145
Ainsworth, NE 69210
PH: (402) 387-2844
FAX: (402) 387-1234

Valentine Midland News

146 W. 2nd St.
P.O. Box 448
Valentine, NE 69201
PH: (402) 376-2833
FAX: (402) 376-1946

Gregory Times-Advocate

119 E. 7th St.
P.O. Box 378
Gregory, SD 57533
PH: (605) 835-8089
FAX: (605) 835-8467